Cardston County occupies an area that might arguably be called one of the most stunning geographical regions of the world. Tens of thousands of acres of open prairie and lush ranch land tumble into rolling hills that end abruptly at the edge of the Canadian Rockies.
Aside from the natural beauty that draws thousands of tourists each year, Cardston County enjoys:
- easily accessible location
- proximity to other key businesses and trading centers
- proximity to international shipping routes
The Town of Cardston is the largest center in Cardston County. Highway 2, a major north/south route, runs through the town of Cardston. Other Towns, Hamlets and Villages of Cardston County are accessed either by Highway 2 or served by well-maintained secondary highways.
Proximity from the Town of Cardston
- 240 km from Calgary
- 80 km from Lethbridge
- 291 km from Great Falls, Montana
- Highway #2 is the main highway running north and south, providing easy access to Lethbridge and Calgary
- Highway #62 is a north/south route that provides access to Del Bonita and the Del Bonita Border Crossing
- Highway 5 runs through the Town of Cardston and is the western route to Waterton National Park and Going to the Run Road to Glacier National Park in Montana
- Highway 501 leads to the Del Bonita Crossing
- Highways 800 and 801 provide North/South access through the County
- Located in the Mountain Standard Time Zone